July 07, 2020
OPEN CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
FOR THE 2020 VIETNAM HUMAN RIGHTS AWARD
The Vietnam Human Rights Network (VNHRN) will be accepting nominations for the 2020 Vietnam Human Rights Award (VNHRA) from now until September 30, 2020.
VNHRA was established in 2002 by the VNHRN, and has been awarded annually to individuals or organizations in Vietnam who have made distinguished contributions to the protection and promotion of human rights. It is also an opportunity for the Vietnamese in Diaspora to express solidarity with and support for those involved in the relentless fighting for basic rights and justice for Vietnamese people.
Since its establishment the VNHRA has been presented to 47 individuals and 4 organizations in Vietnam. The 2019 VNHRA was presented to Pastor Nguyen Trung Ton, Ms. Nguyen Dang Minh Man, and Lawyer Le Cong Dinh at the Senate of Canada on the 2019 International Human Rights Day.
This year's VNHRA ceremony will be held on the occasion of the 72nd International Human Rights Day in December 2020. VNHRVN looks forward to receiving many worthy nominations from organizations and individuals in Vietnam as well as abroad. The selection results will be officially announced in the mid of November 2020.
- Nominee must be an individual currently living or a non-governmental organization still active in Vietnam;
- Nominee must be involved in non-violent works for the promotion and protection of Vietnamese people’s human rights;
- The nominee's works have generated positive influence inside and outside of Vietnam.
- Nominations may be submitted by either an individual or an organization. There is no limit to the number of nominations a nominator can make, but no self-nominations will be accepted;
- Nominations should be made using the nomination form below; however, a letter containing the required information is acceptable.
- Supporting documents (highly recommended, including writing materials and/or statements of the nominee, and writings about the nominee already or to be published).
Nomination forms must be submitted no later than September 30, 2020 to:
Vietnam Human Rights Network
8971 Colchester Ave.
Westminster, CA 92683 – USA
VIETNAM HUMAN RIGHTS AWARD 2020